Saturday, August 17, 2024

Week 2-English 7 Honors & English 7

 Welcome to week #2. I hope your student has found my classroom a comforting and enjoyable space.

  • This week in Honors English we will go over various aspects of short stories and dive into our first short story by Roald Dahl.   His short stories have a "creepy" factor and the kids love them.  I will be doing "The Landlady" in a couple of weeks and will need donations of graham crackers for a "tea" party that coincides with the story.  I'll be dressed up for the event. Also this week we will have a pre-test in Quill to see where our students need assistance in their writing.  Students will also be introduced to pre-SAT vocabulary. I am enjoying this class so much!  

  • English 7 this week we will take notes on Short Story terms and begin our first short story, "Those Three Wishes." We will analyze the story as well.  I am also going to mix in an episode of "The Munsters" which we will break down into various short story elements.  This week we will also have a pre-assessment in Quill.  This test is just to help me assess where they need help in their writing and grammar skills.
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to email me at any time: cindy.matejka@washk12.org.  Have a great weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 5

  Happy Saturday! This week in English we will FINALLY have a test-free week.  I am thankful my students have hung in there and gotten the j...